The physiotherapy service at JCSRS is provided when a student needs support with the following areas:
• Mobility/negotiating the school (walking patterns, stair management, wheelchair skills etc)
• Transition skills (on/off school bus, keeping pace, sitting to standing)
• Balance (stability in movement)
• Co-ordination (throwing, catching, kicking)
• Gross motor skills (jumping, hopping, PE lessons, sports)
• Posture and positioning (maintaining supported posture in lessons, adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs and standing frames)
The physiotherapy department is well resourced to support students with physical disabilities including a variety of mobility aids, standing frames and suspension equipment for accessing a treadmill. The physiotherapy service also includes access to hydrotherapy in our specially heated pool.